Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PUPO

Monday was the big day.  I went in at 11:30 and they were ready for me right away.  I changed into my scrubs - my mom had to put on scrubs to be with me too. 

The nurse checked my tummy to make sure I had enough water.  I had to have 32 ounces in my bladder so they could direct the catheter into my uterus by ultrasound. Once I was full the nurse called the doc.  I was so nervous waiting on him. 

When the Doc came in he described to us (Kirk is on the phone at this time as well) that out of the 8 fertilized eggs we only had one grow to 8 cells and become an embryo.  The rest grew to 6 cells and then they all just quit growing.  So we only had one to transfer.  They were going to watch the rest for another day to see if they would grow to be frozen, but the Doc did not have high hopes for them.  They were just too fragile.

With only one, I am still very excited - because after all it only takes one! I am hoping this one is a fighter.  The whole procedure lasted less then 10 minutes.  I was instructed to lay for about 10 minutes and then was free to go home and relax.  The next day should have been business as usual but I took it off  just to be safe.  By Wednesday I was back to work.

My tummy is crampy but for the most part I am doing just fine.  My butt is getting more tender from the PIO (progesterone in oil) shot. I feel really bruised.

So....as my good friend says - I am PUPO - Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise!!!!! Welcome home little one! We are praying for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - Congrats on being PUPO! Sounds like your transfer went well and hope your embabie is burrowing in good. All it takes is one!

    ReplyDelete