Thursday, October 27, 2011

For November

Kirk and I are moving forward and making plans for this coming year.  I think I may write in my blog about it but won't be so open with family and friends this time.  I did not realize how hard it would be everytime someone asked how it was going and had to tell them "it didn't go."

Right now we are focused on moving out of the apartment and into a new house.  That nice house we picked out in Sugar Land ended up not being so nice.  The owners had smoked in it and it permiated everything.  I also found mold in the bathroom.  It looked like black mold, but you can never really tell unless you have it tested.  And it could have been easily cleaned up.  I asked for the house to be professionally cleaned to get rid of the smoke and mold.  Well, they must have decided I was too much of a pain and rented to someone else instead.  Of course this was after we had signed the lease, but since the owner had not signed there was nothing legal we could do.  I did tell them that no matter who rents the house - they will have to clean it by law since it could be hazardous.  Oh well.  Not our problem.  The realtor did not even try to help us find a new place.  I think she was intimidated by Kirks tattoos.  Hahahaha

So, we set our sites on another house.  Our friend found it for us.  It is close to where they live so we will at least know people in the neighborhood.  This one is in Missouri City and sooooo much nicer!  We are very excited to have found it.  The yard is a bit small, but the kiddos are getting older now anyway and Bailey does not need miles to run anymore.  The pool is small, but probably the perfect size for us.  The house has all bamboo floors and tile.  We have to do some painting in the bedrooms but other than that it is perfectly set up for us.  The owners must have been LSU fans - we have to paint a purple bedroom and a yellow bedroom!  :)

We continue to pack and should have it complete by Saturday.  Hopefully she will give us the keys on Sunday so we can go in and paint.  Our move is not until Tuesday. 

My drive will be about 25 miles.  It is the longest I have ever had to drive for work.  But I am looking forward to being in that house so much that the drive does not bother me...yet. 

Everyone at work is on a new fad diet called Dukan.  I was thinking about trying it but I want to wait until after the move is complete.  It is very much like Atkins, but lean.  Right now is the time to do it for me because it would be easy to cut out fruit.  I can't do that in the summer because there are just too many delicious fruits that come up in the spring and summer.  Plus maybe I can get back down to my normal weight by Christmas.

Work has been busy busy busy.  I am really enjoying the non-down time.  I had too much of it on my hands before. The work keeps me focused.  Kirk is on and off again busy.  He went on a 3 day job last week and won't go back out again until after we move.  I think this company is keeping him busier than his previous employers did - plus he can live with me instead of a different state like last year at this time.  It makes it less stressful for both of us when he is home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment