Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Here we are

Here we are, a little over a week later and things are settling down.  I started exercising this weekend and have been walking the stairs at work (6 flights = 138 steps).  I am already sore.  Tonight I will take it easy and just take the kiddos for a nice long walk. 

This past weekend was a busy one for us.  We bought a new bed - one of those temper pedic clouds.  We don't have it yet since we decided to wait until we move and then have it delivered to the new place.  We are very excited to get it.  And it is a King - so it is big enough for the kiddos too!!!  We also signed the lease on a house in Sugar Land.  I am happy to move back to my old stomping grounds.  It will add 28 miles round trip for work - but it should be worth it.  The house is 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a den like area.  It has a perfect size pool and spa in the backyard along with a big yard for the kiddos to run and play.  There is more house than I know what to do with so it will be fun trying to fill it up!  LOL  I am sure Kirk won't be too excited about spending more money!

We are not sure about our move date yet.  We have to be out of the apartment by the 31st.  The owner of the house will have everything moved out by the 22nd.  I want to give her time to get it cleaned up really well too since they were smokers and I can still smell it in there.  First priority for them is to clean the carpets and clean the blinds. 

Kirk is very excited to have a bigger kitchen to cook in and a pool to hang out in the rest of the day.  Other than football season, he usually spends most of his time outside.  I am sure he can't wait to get out into that yard and play ball with Bailey - then both jump in the pool!  I can already tell I am going to have a water dog on my hands!  Sadie only wants to get in the pool if I am in it.  She actually hates it but wants to be close to me so she tolerates it when she has to.

Packing is our main plan for the rest of this month.  I plan on doing it slowly so I can get rid of the stuff we don't need.  We are not sure if Kirk will be home for the move or not.  If he is, then hopefully we can gather enough friends to help us move.  If not, we will hire a company to do it for us.  Either way, it should be an easy day since we really don't have that much.

Work has been keeping me busy.  I am enjoying the up time and am looking forward to all the projects I have in the coming months.  Kirk is off for another week or so before he goes on his next job.  I love having him home and am fortunate that I can spend this time with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment