Friday, July 29, 2011

Minor setback

Like I said in one of my other posts - my mom always said I was special.  I am so special this week that I have moderate osteopenia.  That is the steps right behind osteoporosis (bone loss).  I can attribute this to being allergic to milk while growing up and not having a calcium supplement.  I can also attribute it to early menopause.  It seems like a never ending battle with my health and all I want to do in life. 

The good news is that it is treatable.  I have already ordered my Vitamin D, Calcium and Prenatal prescribed by the doctor.  I have to take 1500 mg of Calcium a day, and of course enough Vit D to wash it down.  I was also ordered to take at least 800 mcg of Folic acid.  That part I am covering in my Prenatals.

Kirk and I went to Baby's R Us to look around.  We were overwhelmed with all of the stuff and it actually made me have a small bout of anxiety.  Too much too fast I guess.  When there 100 types of strollers how do you know you are picking the right one?  Our goal was to each pick out some newborn clothes.  He was to pick out the boy stuff and I was picking out the girl stuff.  I wanted to buy every cute little dress I saw.  We finally left the store with a pink onesy, cute flowery shirt, and a blue jumper with an anchor on it.  These items are placed around the house to constantly remind us of the little one that may enter our lives.  It brings us such joy - which is more positive affirmation!  I plan on going shopping again this weekend, yes Kirk in tow.  I want to make sure something is hanging from every door knob!  I want to get some baby soap and use it in the shower so that I can smell it and picture holding and breathing in our baby.

I am always open to other ideas if anyone has some!

On the spiritual side, I can't help but pray that a spirit (or two) chooses us to be their parents.  I am looking forward to finding out!

No comments:

Post a Comment