Monday, August 29, 2011

Graduated to the next step

I had my ultrasound last week and blood work done to make sure I was on the right path.  I have a call in to the nurse though to see if I can take allergy meds.  Houston is very dry right now - something you have never heard me say.  We have had NO rain this summer at all which stirs the pollen and fills my sinus's.  I actually went home early on Friday from work because the allergies were so bad I was miserable.  Hopefully she will call back soon with a remedy for me.  At the moment, they only allow me to take my Tylenol PM - and as of today baby aspirin.

Which leads me to my post.  Today is the day I added estrogen and baby aspirin to my baby diet.  I am so excited to be on this next step that I could not wait to wake up this morning and take my pills!  And now that I look at the calendar I realize I only have about 20 days left until the big day!!!  I know this time will just fly by and it will be here before I know it. 

I head to Michigan this weekend (Labor Day weekend) to visit my Grandma Hain and Irene.  It will be wonderful to spend some time with them.  Grandma is not doing well and I want to be able to see and talk to her as much as I can.  It is perfect timing before the IVF is complete.  I will also get to visit with my cousins which will be nice.  It has been too long since I have see this side of my family.  Out of everyone, besides my immediate family, this is is the side I am closest too since my cousins are all around my age. 

I am counting down the days Kirk has been gone.  Since I am not sure when he will be home, we have to do this a little bit backwards.  Everyday he is gone it makes him one day closer to coming home.  When he is gone for so long, we suffer a bit with our relationship.  We both know what we got into and deal with it, but it can get hard when we miss each other so much.  It is harder on him because he can't be here with me and go through this with me.  He has a very vivid imagination that sometimes gets the better of him.  When I say I have a headache from the Lupron he pictures the worst.  This is something neither of us has had to deal with in the past so it will take some getting used to when we talk or email through it.  Hopefully he will be home soon and then he won't worry so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment