Monday, August 15, 2011

Preparing for a Fat-tastic month!

The nurse told me that I would not have anything to worry about with gaining weight from these meds.  One good friend of mine said she only got a bit bloated.  Another told me she gained.  Allot of what I read states that I will gain.  And of course the forum I belong to - the woman have an average gain of 10 pounds.  Soooo, I am preparing for the fat. 

Saturday I went Fat-tastic clothes shopping.  I say this with a smile on my face, and don't look at it a a downer or a negative.  If what it takes for me to get preggo is to get fat, well then count me in!  I took my fashionable friend with me to help me buy things that will still flatter - and also grow with me for a while.  I must say, we did an excellent job!  And, I did it all on a budget.  I had 4 pairs of pants I recently bought that I exchanged for bigger sizes, then I bought two skirts, a dress and some accent tops. 

I was so excited with everything I cleaned out my closet and packed away all of the things that no longer fit me.  Of course I am keeping them - I will be skinny again one day! :)  I had plenty of room for my new stuff - and even room for maternity clothes when it comes that time.

Yesterday was my first shot.  It was not as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact, I fretted for absolutely nothing.  I do have a slight headache and a few other symptoms.  But nothing to really worry or bother me.  All are completely normal. 

I have decided to cancel my gym membership.  I cannot justify paying as much as I do with as little as I use it.  Plus it will give us extra $ to save for all of the big events coming up in the near future. 

This morning I got up early and took the dogs for a long walk.  Then came back and did my wimpy version of push-ups (I suck at those by the way).  I then tried my hand at jump rope.  I have a lot of coordination to work on before I continue with that - it was not my best moment.  And when I mean moment I mean less than a minute of getting tangled and falling in exhaustion.  It would have been a priceless America's Funniest Home Videos moment if someone were there to witness it.  Kirk jokes that he needs to baby proof the house just for me since I am such a klutz and accident prone.

bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment