Thursday, August 11, 2011

Surprise in my schedule!!!

Well, I knew that I would have to take some pills to get ready for this, but I was not aware of having to take shots!  I was under the impression that my donor would have to do that and not me!  I am now armed with about 50 needles and let me tell you, they are not pretty.  I took them out of my "goody" bag and I got woozy just looking at them.  The Lupron ones are not so bad, but the Progesterone ones are HUGE!!!

Here is my schedule:
up to 08.20 = The Pill (already on this for 2 months)

08.14 to 08.20 = Lupron (shot), Pill
08.21 to 08.28 = Lupron
08.29 to 09.13 = Lupron, Estrace (estrogen), baby aspirin
09.13 = targeted Egg Retrieval
09.14 to 9.19 = Estrace, baby aspirin, Progesterone (shot), medrol
09.18 = targeted embryo transfer
09.20 until further instructions = Estrace, baby aspirin, Progesterone

The Pill = Puts me and donor in sync and suppresses ovaries
Lupron injections = suppress ovaries to enable doctor to control cycle
Estrace pills = estrogen to help build lining of uterus
Baby aspirin = increase blood flow to the uterus and aid in implantation of embryo
Medrol = steroid to decrease inflammation in uterus and help with implantation of embryo
Progesterone injection = helps prepare the uterine lining for implantation and continued development of embryo
Folic acid/ and prenatal vitamin = decrease the risk of certain birth defects

Work has been fairly warned that I am going through this process now.  Luckily my boss's wife went through it so she is keeping my boss aware of what my emotions are going to be like.   I think I may be a little emotional, but I am sure I will handle myself gracefully at work.  It will be toughest on me when I am home alone. 

I had a talk with my boss yesterday afternoon about how slow I am at work right now.  He was already aware of it, but I wanted to make it clear that I am available to help out wherever I can.  I don't like sitting here doing nothing all day long.  My time is not being utilized and when I sit idle too long I start feeling dispensable.  I have a few big projects that I am working on, but it is always  hurry up and then wait.  I am in the waiting mode right now.  Soon they will be complete and unless we pick up some jobs, or I help out in payroll, I will be sitting idle for quite a while.  It looks like in the near future they might transfer some payroll duties over to me.  I am fine with that and I enjoy learning new things.  It will be a good challenge for me and keeps my mind sharp!
I have been very lucky that I get to talk to Kirk everyday.  We found that the later he calls me, the more time we can spend talking on the phone.  He now has Internet as well, but only briefly each day and it is enough for him to write me a few sentences.  He really likes his shift and the people he is working with.  That eases my mind knowing that he is happy.  We miss each other greatly, but we are strong enough to handle it and we know that this is right were we need to be now.  It is great dreaming about our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment