Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We are set for lift off!

This past weekend I ventured out to California for my 20th high-school reunion.  Friday night there was a meet up at the old pub we all used to hang out at - Hennesseys.  I was kind of disappointed in this since I saw a lot of familiar faces, but only really knew a handful of people.  And yes, there were some clicky girls that still snubbed their noses (kinda made me laugh - really?  20 years later your still a bitch??? wow...get over it!).  Others I was pleasantly surprised with.  Unfortunately, I could only recognize a few of the guys.  I didn't hang out with most of them anyway so I guess it does not matter. 

I was kinda over the reunion thing after Hennesseys and I really drug my feet about going on Saturday.  In the end I figured it was only another 3 hours of my life and I could endure it.  Wow...I am so glad that I went!!!  I got to see some wonderful people that I had not talked to in years!  Of course, I did not get to spend as much time with people as I had wanted to, but like I said - it was only three hours.  By the end of the night my feet hurt from standing and my face hurt from smiling so much.  I have rekindled some old friendships I thought lost long ago and I strengthened other friendships!  Thanks to Amy, Maya, Karon and Danielle, along with everyone else the night turned from a "have to go" to a wonderful happy evening among good peeps (my husband hates it when I use that word!)!!!

Leaving Cali was very difficult on Sunday.  I had such a good time I wanted another night of it.  Plus, leaving my family is always difficult.  This time, knowing that I probably won't be back for a long time really hit home.  If I get pregnant, well - traveling is out for me.  And then it will be a while before I can take a baby on the plane.

Which leads me to the Title of this post.  This weekend I received a call from the Nurse.  My donor is now ready!!!  I go in tomorrow (Wednesday) to figure out the plan and get things started.  I will be put on a strict schedule /calendar.  I will have more information tomorrow!!!  Woohooo!!!!  Mr. Toads Wild Ride (That is a Disney Land reference for those non Californians) here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment