Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You are not alone...I am here with you...

I can't think of what song my title came from but I can sing it in my head.  I started singing it when I ventured out to see if there were other blogs out there that were like mine.  I was afraid that I would be the only one openly discussing my infertility issues.  I thought I was mostly alone and I was either being brave or stupid to put this all over the Internet for others to see.  I am delighted to say I have found so many blogs on the subject.  Every story is different, but we all have the same underlying problem and we all want the same outcome. 

I can't say I am happy to see so many others out there.  Sometimes I wish I was alone in this struggle.  I would not wish this on anyone.  At the same time I am happy to see a very tight group and a ton of support.  I hope I can break into some of these circles and even make some friends.  It would be nice to have a group of support.  I have family and friends all around me giving me the love I need.  But it is nice to know others that are going through the same struggles and who "understand" more than the people that have not gone through it. 

I am feeding on these blogs right now.  I can't get enough of them and I enjoy everything I am reading - even the negative stuff.  Some blogs have hundreds of followers.  With being so open about personal issues (I mean heck, we are literally putting it out there for the world to read) comes followers and commenter's from all walks of life.  I read some very cruel comments to some of the posters and then the backlash to their comments.  It is unfortunate, but a part of life.  Everyone has an opinion and they have the right to share it.

I am learning this the easy way.  I have not yet had to endure much negative.  I am very open about what I am going through.  I may be somewhat anonymous on here but in my personal and business life everyone knows what I am doing and going through.  I have no secrets.  If someone starts with a negative - I end it with a positive.  It it continues, I let them know that I need to be in a positive frame of mind right now and if they don't have anything nice to say then don't say it.  So far it seems to be working, but like I said, I have not had very much of that.  For the most part, people are just curious and ask a lot of questions.  Science is absolutely amazing and I love to discuss the science behind DE (donor egg) IVF. 

Of course, with me being absolutely 100% positive that Kirk and I will have a family someday, it helps to know that no matter how it happens, it will happen.  Of course I am rooting on this IVF!!!

Okay...I got sidetracked.  The whole reason for me writing this post was to tell you that I am linking some of the other blogs I read on IVF to my page.  If there is anyone out there that is going through this, I want them to have the opportunities I had in being a part of a bigger picture and finding comfort in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment